Know more about branches of biology:
Some important branches are defined below:
- Morphology (Gr. morph; form, logos; discourse):The study of external form and structure of
- Anatomy (Gr. ana; part/up, tome; cutting):The study of internal parts of body of living organisms by cutting them
- Cell biology (L. cells, compartment, Bios= life; logos; discourse):The study of cell and its organelle.
- Histology (Gr. histos: tissue; logos, discourse):The study of structure of tissues of plant and
- Physiology (Gr. physis; nature, logos, discourse):The study about functions of living
- Taxonomy (Gr. taxis, arrangement, nomos: name):The study of the rules, principles, grouping, and naming the living
- Genetics (Gr. genesis; descent, origin):The study of heredity, that is transferring of characters from parents to
- Developmental biology(Gr. embryon; embryo, logos, discourse): The study of formation and development of
- Environmental biology:The study of relationship between living organisms and non-living factors of environment and their effects on each
- Paleontology(Gr. palaios; ancient, ontos; being, logos: discourse): The study of remote past organic life, with the help of
- Biotechnology:The study about techniques for manipulination of gene to bring the changes in structure and location of genes to achieve desireable characters is called
- Socio-biology (L. sociare; to associate,): The study of social behavior of living i.e interaction between themselves.
- Parasitology(Gr. para; up):The study of
- Pharmacology(Gr. pharmakon, drug;).The study about action of drugs.
- Molecular biology: The study of organic molecules which constitute cell and its